Here's an exercise for reading comprehension with a couple of very original questions, 6 and 9:
Answer the questions and put them in order according to the text.
- What was the Lord Chamberlain’s Men?
- What was his nickname?
- What were his most recognized works?
- How many plays did Shakespeare write?
- How did he start his career?
- How old would Shakespeare be today if he were alive?
- Who was Shakespeare?
- What member of Shakespeare’s family was a landowner?
- How many plays would Shakespeare have written if he were alive?Answers
- The Lord Chamberlain’s Men was a playing company where Shakespeare worked.
- His nickname was the Bard of Avon
- His most recognized work were Hamlet, Othello, King Lear, Macbeth and other ones.
- He wrote about 38 plays.
- He began a career in London as an actor, writer and a part-owner of a playing company.
- If he was alive he would be 452 years old.
- He was an English poet, playwright and actor.
- His grandfather was a landowner.
- If he were alive he would have written 330 plays. A lot!